Thursday, January 22, 2009

MoroccoBon

I'm in Morocco!

As an explanation -- I have two friends, Basil and Hicham. Hicham works for a bank and Basil has two jobs in the U.S. which he is able to do abroad. They live in a huge 3-bedroom apartment in Casablanca and have been pushing for all of their friends to visit them. I finally broke down and felt the need to visit them too, as did their friend Marc, who is also here.

This is definitely a change of pace and culture. This is the first time in a couple months that I have spent time away from the group and I am definitely missing them. On the upside, I am not in the least bit lonely here, since I have thus far spent my days with Basil and Marc, while Hicham is at work. And with the exception of Starcraft night -- when I sat and watched while all three boys got on their respective computers and played an hour-long computer game -- evenings have been spent with us all hanging out in apartment.

I have yet to get out and discover Casa -- today I have grand plans of leaving the apartment but that has not happened yet. I don't even know what I am going to do if I do leave, maybe I'll go shopping since I only have one outfit and it feels weird to be unfashionable a more western and metropolitan city. I guess I really need to improve the wardrobe before I hop over to Berlin with Basil...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Pictures please....Or have you seriously not gone outside at all? when do you go to Berlin. Why would you miss all of those smelly people that you were traveling with? just kidding

Bicycle Bon said...

that means i have to upload pics, which is surprisingly not hard to do yet still hard to do. ughs-mcgee, don't make me actually work

Unknown said...

Who you callin' smelly Anz??? Don't forget, it's Bonnie who lives in one outfit. I have two. You hear that, two!

Bicycle Bon said...

as an update, I now own TWO, read it, TWO outfits, thank you very much!