Monday, October 27, 2008

Hippie in training?

Things are extremely laid-back and relaxing here at the Ashram. I skipped the 4:30 morning prayer and instead woke up for the 7am yoga class. After sitting around for a while, laughing at one of the dogs who has been leashed up for unknown reasons (there are two and they usually run around the place freely) and eating breakfast/lunch I went down to the Ganges with Cara, Jamey, and our new Austrian friend, Mario. We swam for a bit (Jamey watched because he claimed that one of us needs to stay healthy and take care of the others if we catch a disease from the Ganges. How un-Hindi of him...) and then spent the rest of the day laying out in the sun while Mario sang sweet-nothings in our ears, er, I mean he sang us Hindi songs.

The ashram is great. There is a loose "schedule" for the day, which includes morning prayer (puja), morning yoga, tea, more tea, breakfast/lunch, 4 hours of nothing, tea, a class, tea, tea, dinner, prayer, tea, sleep AND best of all, everything is optional. I mainly partake in the tea and the meals.

In case you were wondering how we got to an Ashram, being that yoga is one of the last things I would be known for, Cara is interested in yoga and actually plans on getting certified in February at an Ashram in Kerala.

3 comments:

Endurance101 said...

did I mention i love the blog?, tell Cara and Jamey I miss them :)
mark

Bicycle Bon said...

Thank you, Mark, I'll be sure to send them your regards. They miss you too!

Fantasmic! said...

all this tea and yoga sounds fun. as part of my beach bod work out, I also do yoga. and I'm starting to drink more tea! (japanese green). so basically, i'm saying that we're doing the same thing, hurray!