Thursday, November 6, 2008

On The Road

Cara, Jamey, and I are on our way to volunteer on our first organic farm, which is located roughly 150 miles from Delhi in a town that I do not know how to spell (it's pronounced seer-sah). We've been on the road for two days now and have one more day of biking before we reach the farm. The trip has, thus far, gone smoothly and has not been short on stories. In short, we had a grand send-off and I had a grand arrival to our first city of aRohtak. Everywhere we go, we draw crowds. We took a jeep to the outskirts of Delhi and started our journey there. Within a minute, we had a crowd of ten people surrounding us. Within 10 minutes, we had a crowd of 30, all standing and staring at us. On the road we garnered the attention of a local photojournalist, so don't be surprised if you see us in a local Indian paper, Holla! Also, yesterday was my first time using a clipless peddles system (your feet are clipped into the peddles), so it was only natural that I arrived at our final destination by falling off my bike. Seriously, I fell off my bike. It kind of hurt physically but the real blow was to my ego. I fell off a bike. Enough said. And we spent the night in an office in a gas station (it sounds worst than it was. We actually had an amazing time!)

My time is unfortunately running out at the internet cafe, thanks to the chatty Indians here. I shall be sure to report more.

3 comments:

Fantasmic! said...

so how do you unclip your feet? p.s. this is andres. fantasmic=andres

Endurance101 said...

till loving your blogs keep it going, Cara tells me you're in the paper more often than your blog lets on.
Why is there so much interest in you guys?
by the way the apologies to the monkeys reading your blog was hysterical.
mark

Bicycle Bon said...

haha, andres, i was able to figure you out by the beach body comment made on an earlier post...

Mark, i think we're picking up publicity for multiple reasons the main one being because we stick out so much on our bikes. Also, as tends to happen around the globe a lot of people look to the U.S. regarding trends to follow. India went inorganic when the US did and I think people are intrigued to find out that there are some americans working to promote organic farming. It's pretty cool, i'll be sure to post something soon. We don't have much internet time here on the farm, though