Tuesday, April 21, 2009

BittenBon

For your listening pleasure, please play this song in the background while reading this post (ed. note "Eisbaer = Polar Bear")

As many of you may know, Berlin has recently been in the news due to a polar bear attack at the Berlin Zoo. I surprisingly only heard of the incident through my sister via Article Club. If you do not know what I am talking about, then please read the link provided at the bottom or top.

One of my good friends from the English Teacher's course, his brother was in town so I seized the opportunity to explore Berlin with them. One day of exploring led us to the Berlin Zoo. I couldn't pass the Zoo without taking a picture to commemorate, well, the ridiculousness of humankind (this is including me who was ridiculous enough to take the following picture). Anyways, for all of you following the polar bear story, although I did not make my way into the Zoo, here is me paying respect to the incident. I think, facially speaking, I did a pretty good job, yes?


The Article:
(http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1169266/Pictured-Shocking-moment-polar-bear-attacks-woman-climbed-zoo-enclosure.html)

Also, for those who actually listened to the song here is a gist of it's lyrics in English:

I want to be a Polar Bear
in the cold polar
because then I wouldn't need to scream
Everything would be so clear
....
....
....
Polar Bears don't need to cry

(to all you German speakers out there, please don't diss on my translation skillz)

2 comments:

jdizzle said...

As I played the song a Belgian began to sing along, after which he cursed me for getting that song stuck in his head.

Bicycle Bon said...

Dear Jdizzle (if that's your real name...)

What does that prove to us? That a belgian couldn't appreciate a good song if it slapped them across the face.

That is all.

BonDizz