Monday, April 20, 2009

In-Need-of-a-Job-Bon

I was recently called out by 2 friends for not having posted new information recently. A) thank you for calling me out. B) so much has happened since the last post that I'm not sure where to begin. I have one or two old posts that need to be finished which I may post soon. They tend to be time-stamped according to when I first started writing them, meaning they'll appear below this post.

First off, I am still in Berlin and I love it here. For those of you who have not been lucky enough to visit, Berlin is an amazing city that seems to suck people into it. It's laid-back, liberal, culturally and historically rich, very bike friendly and seems to have a certain je ne sais quoi to it. Every time I visit, I never want to leave and this is no exception. Berlin is like a 3rd home (after Philly and New York) to me. I'm lucky to have a great friend base here -- friends that I have met through my course and friends that I have already known for quite some time (some since 2001!). Berlin has actually acted as a great place to get back in touch with the western world and once again, I never want to leave!

Now the thing is, having said all of that, I am in no way, shape or form ready for my world adventures to end. Not in the least bit. However, pulling oneself away from Berlin is, for me, next to impossible. To use a cheesy analogy, it's like trying to separate oneself from their demon a la "The Golden Compass". I've only ever left in the past because I had to return to New York for school or for work. And while meeting up with the rest of the group is a priority of mine, it's hard to motivate myself to leave because I've finally found myself in the city that I have always dreamed of returning to.

I hear that the biking group is actually headed to New Zealand. This is an amazing piece of information, as one of my best friends is currently volunteering in NZ and a trip there would mean time with her. However, a flight from Berlin to NZ via Delhi (where the rest of my things currently are) might be costly, meaning that by the time I arrive in NZ, I'll be close to being out of money. Ughs. So, we'll see. I'm trying to find a job in Berlin, which isn't going too well but, then again, I could probably try a little harder than I am. Anyways, as you might see, I'm a little lost without a plan, not sure how to come about a plan, hoping to come up with a plan, but all around doing well.

No comments: