Monday, February 2, 2009

Friendraiser Morocco: Outcome



I ended up making one friend in Casa on my own, a 23 year-old student named Mounia. She was kind enough to meet up with me and bring me around her area of Casa. My favorite part of out meet up was the fact that she speaks little english and I speak little french but am more confident in my french abilities than she is in her english abilities (in Mounia's defense, I'm sure her english is great but that she was hesitant to use it). She brought me to a market near where she lives, called Habouss. We walked around, talked a good amount, and eventually made our way back to her apartment where we ended up drinking tea and going through each other's facebook profiles. Ah, the digital age -- you have to love it for something!

The colors in this picture are not great but this is the only picture I took of Mounia that is not blurred. We bought olives here and I plan on returning to buy more for the planned "James Bond"* party we hope to throw at Basil and Hicham's apartment.



* It is impossible to order a proper martini in Morocco -- the bartender thinks you are ordering chilled vermouth -- or Martini & Rossi -- with an olive, so we've decided to rename Martinis the "James Bond" and hope to throw a party at the apartment with Martinis, Olives, and International adventure.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Bonnie! I just caught up on your blog--AMAZING. I really can't wait to read more!!