Monday, February 2, 2009

Out and About in Casa


As you may or may not have noticed, I've been posting more than usual -- this is because I have lots of free time in Casa, I have high speed internet and I now have my own computer to use before Hicham sells the laptop of his that I am using as if it were my own.

Last week we were lucky to have a couple (an American girl and Australian boy) stay at the apartment for two nights -- this meant friends for me to explore the city with! Teague and Rob are (get ready) friends of a friend of a coworker of Hicham's. They had been in contact with Hicham prior to us meeting them at a Sunday lunch at Soriah's that consisted of a feast of Moroccan cous cous.

I was lucky that they wanted to explore the city with me as their tag-along. I was even luckier to find out how much I liked them. This picture on the left is of them at the Hassan II Mosque, located on the waterfront in Casa.

Our time at the mosque was spent trying to catch up with the last English-speaking guided tour of the day (non-Muslims are only allowed into the mosque when accompanied by guided tours). We showed up late for the tour but were still allowed into the mosque and directed towards the English guided tour. We ended up finding the French and Japanese tours and eventually made friends with the Japanese tour group.

Here is one last picture of the mosque. We lucked out by visiting it on a beautifully clear day.

No comments: